The easiest way to teach you how to create this type of workout is to download it from our database and have a look at how it was created. Let’s download ‘Tabata something else’ (Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises)
- Tap the ’ Plus’ button in the top right corner to download a workout
- Choose ‘Find a workout online’
- Choose the ‘Tabata’ tag
- Tap ‘Search’ in the top right corner
- Choose ‘Tabata something else ‘and tap ‘Download’ in the top right corner
- Tap ‘More Button’ (…) and tap ‘Edit’
- You can see how ‘Tabata something else’ was created by combination of ‘Repeat’ and ‘Timer’ and ‘Rest’. Try not to freak out as it might look too complicated but the opposite it truth!
How to create ‘Tabata something else’ from the scratch:
- Start creating you workout as described in ‘Creating workouts’ hint.
- When you open ‘create a new workout screen’, tap ‘Add exercise/Repeat or Rest’ button in the bottom left corner
- Choose ‘Repeat’ option. When this table opens, choose ‘‘For # of rounds’ where you set up timer for 4 Rds (we are doing 4 exercises)
- Tap ‘Add exercise button’ again, choose again ‘Repeat’, select 8 Rds (as you will perform 8x20s intervals)
- Tap ‘Add exercise button’, choose Times for 20s, write down pull ups (your first exercise)
- Tap ‘Add exercise button’, choose ‘Rest’ for 10s
- Tap ‘Close repeat’ button in the bottom of the screen
- Repeat the same for push ups, sit ups and squats.
- Do not forget to ‘Close Repeat’ of your 4 Rounds at the end
- You are ready to go! All you need to do is to tap the screen after each completed round.
- After the completion of the workout, you can add your comments (Rx’d button is in the upper right corner of the screen).